Open Position: Barista
Come pilot the Heirloom chariot with us! Hiring immediately for our front-of-house team.
Will consider baristas with experience in third wave specialty coffee or those with no experience but an affinity to learn more about the finer details and science of beverage and food.
Full- or part-time positions available.
– Be accustomed to handling extremely busy shifts, sometimes during unexpected moments when working solo
– Be accustomed to filling slower moments with assigned tasks
– Be able to begin shifts properly at 7:30am or earlier if assigned to opening shifts
– Greet and serve everyone with our tradition of hospitality and gratitude
– Keep a sanitary and tidy workspace and shop at all times
– Treat all people and things with respect, have a thirst for culture and heritage as told through food and beverage
– Have a desire to better the world by seeking positivity through interactions large and small
– Be open to critiques and the constant pursuit of perfection
We are a specialty coffee, tea, and sake bar, with a full kitchen and exciting menu. Named one of Bon Appetit’s Top 50 restaurants in the United States in 2019, the top coffee shop in the country by Hop Culture, mentioned in New York Times, Eater, UNC publications, Food Network, Food & Wine, Venue, Our State, Southern Living, etc.
Morning shifts start at 6:30am and end around 2:30pm. Afternoon shifts start at 1pm and end around 6pm.
– Maintaining a positive and welcoming energy and treating all guests and teammates with respect
– Greeting guests and handling transactions gracefully
– Bussing, cleaning, and sanitizing the space constantly
– Brewing batch beverages, individual coffees and teas
– Serving food and beverages to tables
– Opening and closing the operation, while keeping everything clean and sanitary
Full-time positions are eligible for health, dental, and vision benefits and retirement plans.