Open Position: Part-Time Cook
Work for one of the Top 50 restaurants in the United States as selected by Bon Appetit and one of the Top 10 coffee shops in the United States by HopCulture Magazine. Opportunity for career growth with the company.
Candidate must be committed to being safe from COVID-19, wear mask at all times, and take precautions at work and outside if work.
Candidates are expected to prep a wide variety of food, plate food orders as they come in, keep a clean and orderly kitchen environment and be a part of a tight-knit team. Responsibilities include:
- Meticulously opening or closing the kitchen each day
- Prep entire menu of Laotian- and Taiwanese-inspired dishes and pastries to the specifications and quality expected by the owner and executive chef
- Keep kitchen clean, organized, and up to health code
- Have great attention for detail and always strive for top quality standards
- Have experience working in commercial kitchens using a variety of culinary techniques
- Have a thirst for culture and learning about culinary techniques and flavors
- Work well on solo shifts, especially due to COVID-19 but also love working with others when necessary
- Have flexibility to work early opening shifts, closing shifts, and weekend
- Have a great attitude, love people, and great everyone with respect
- Be able to work in fast-paced environments and juggle multiple tickets at a time
- Keep an eye on inventory levels
- Be open to receiving feedback and learnings from the owner / executive chef
- Follow recipes and written instructions well
- ServSafe or equivalent certification a plus.
Job Type: Part-time